Wedding Day Tips
– Have all details ready (shoes, jewelry, invite, anything else special) – you don’t need to have it pretty for photographing (I’ll do that 🙂 just in one place so I’m not searching once I get there
– Dress should be out of the bag – tissue taken out of it – on it’s special hanger if there is one
– For the groom – he can put on his pants and undershirt if wearing one – leave the rest for when the 2nd photographer arrives (if there is one)
– If gifts / cards are being exchanged wait for me to get there!
– For the ceremony, encourage your guests to put away cell phones! I can’t tell you how many times my shot was blocked by a guest or ruined by a cell phone. If you want to go all the way, ask you priest/rabbi/officiant to tell guests that no phones are allowed during the ceremony. This is also a great way for the guests to be in the moment with you instead of getting a cell phone pic.
– For the reception, have fun!
– Also for the reception – during the special dances – I know (!) that it’s fun to sing the lyrics to each other. But try to take a few moments of non singing so I have a chance to photograph you without your mouth moving 😉